To bring people to salvation in Jesus Christ and disciple them in their relationship with Christ. (St. Matthew 28:19-20)
We believe God has called us to reach the unchurched of our city by providing caring structures for families, diversity in worship, small caring groups, and knowledge of gifts.
RESOLUTION RELATIVE TO PRINCIPLES OF HOLINESS OF HOLY TEMPLE OF GOD, INC.
The foundation of the Holy Temple of God, Inc. is laid upon the principles of biblical holiness. Even before the church experienced the outpouring of the Holy Ghost, its roots were set in the holiness revival of the past century. It was, and is, a holiness church – holiness in fact, and in name.
The passing of time has not diminished our holiness position or convictions. The years have, instead, strengthened our knowledge that without holiness it is impossible to please God.
We hereby remind ourselves that the Scriptures enjoin us at all times to examine our own hearts. The continuing and consistent life of holiness requires this. Conditions of our day desperately require it. The subtle encroachment of worldliness is a very real and unrelenting threat to the church. We must, therefore, beware lest we become conformed to the world or lest a love for the world take root in our hearts and manifests itself as lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, or the pride of life.
For these reasons, we present the following:
WHEREAS, the Holy Temple of God, Inc. is historically a Bible-believing church, and
WHEREAS, we are enjoined by the Scriptures to be so, and
WHEREAS, a tide of worldliness threatens the spirituality of the church,
BE IT RESOLVED THAT WE, the Holy Temple of God, Inc., reaffirm our standard of holiness, in stated doctrine, in principles of conduct and as a living reality in our hearts.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT WE, as Ministers and Members, maintain this standard in our own lives, in our homes, and in our pulpits.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT WE, as Ministers and Members, rededicate ourselves to this purpose and guard our lives against conformity to the world in appearance, in selfish ambition, in carnal attitudes, and in evil associations.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT WE, as Ministers and Members, seek to conform to the positive virtues of love, mercy, and forgiveness as taught by Jesus Christ.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible. That the Bible is the written Word of God and is given for our guide, instruction and correction.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to Heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance as by the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized.
- That divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- We believe in heterosexual marriage between one man and one woman.